Pilot & Trainer
Advanced Flight Training, including:
- GPS/Autopilot & Flight Director/Glass Cockpits
- Bendix/King, Garmin, Honeywell, and Rockwell Collins Technologies
- Weather Analysis & Strategies, including weather avoidance
- Tail-wheel & Short/Soft Field Takeoff & Landing Techniques learned in Alaska and Idaho backcountry flying
- Airmanship skills
- Flying Proficiency Assessment/Evaluation
- Transition Training
- CRM – Crew Resource Management
All advanced avionics training includes ground and airplane/simulator.
Writer & Speaker
John writes a monthly Flight Advisor article for the EAA Chapter 7 newsletter, as well as a quarterly
Newsletter article for the Alaskan Aviation Safety Foundation. He also contributes to AOPA’s Flight Training Magazine. John is often requested to speak at FAASTeam Safety Seminars on a wide range of topics.
FAASTeam Lead Rep KLGB
Founding Member, Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE)